Monday, April 13, 2009

Our Easter Sunday

Hello everyone! We had a nice sized crowd here yesterday, so I was also ready for a do-nothing day today! There were between 25 and 30 people here, I didn't count them... but from my guest list, that's how many I was expecting. 3 people on my guest list didn't show up, but 3 others that weren't on the list did, so that was pretty darn close!! LOL

We had quite a bit of food... let me tell you all about it!!

25 - 30 people isn't that many to cook for; you just have to know how to utilize things like crock pots, electric roasters, moms, sister-in-laws, and future in-laws moms... LOL

My sister-in-law made 2 hams, a big dish of potato salad, and deviled eggs...

I made 2 chicken pot-pies, scalloped corn, corn salad, a cheesecake, pink fluff, SPICY meatballs, beef brisket (well actually my husband was in charge of the brisket), cheesy broccoli & cauliflower, 48 crescent rolls, deviled eggs (yeah, I made some too) and punch...

My "future daughter-in-laws" mother brought the stuff over for the cheesecake (I thought she was making it, but it was okay - I just made it instead!) and she also made a key-lime cheesecake with some pre-made filling stuff that you just put in the graham cracker crust...

I also broke out the fancy coffee and had root beer for people to drink, besides water, milk, tea and the punch...

Mom made cream-cheese roll-ups (at least that's what I call them... LOL) and helped me with about a ton of other stuff...

Basically, we started about a week ago (my husband can be a drill sergeant when needed) with cleaning - between him, the kids, and I - we had the place pretty well neatened and clean by Sunday last week (although it had to be gone over again Friday and Saturday - but that didn't take all that long) and then Mom was here starting Friday evening... so we were working on the preparation of a lot of things which made it way easy today to pull it all together...

It was definitely a team effort, but it was worth it. Everybody had fun, got full, and enjoyed themselves... and that's what it's all about!!!

I did quite well, at least I think I did!! And I don't feel the least bit guilty... I knew this day was on it's way, so I just took it easy - where I might have gone back a time or two, I just filled up one plate, and ate very slowly to enjoy and savor the flavors... plus I was taking care of my niece's little one (she's just over 1 year) - just making sure she stayed away from the oven, and holding her, she's such a good baby!! So that kept me busy, happily busy - and I didn't scarf down my food... (No - I'm not planning to have any more! That's what is so great about other people having little ones, I can play with them, then they go home with their Mommies!!)

I know I have about 70 or so pounds to lose - and I feel very confident that I will lose all that I need to... I haven't weighed myself in a few days; my weight fluctuates by a pound or two during the day, so I probably won't post progress in one-pound increments... but after 5 pounds are gone and stay gone for a week or so - I'll make sure and let you all know!!

I'm glad everyone had a nice holiday...

Mel

No comments:

Post a Comment