Monday, April 13, 2009

A day to relax ..........

and catch up on things. After a fun...long... busy day yesterday... we are all ready for a day of relaxing. And my poor baby Michael is totally ready for a 'do nothing' day!!!
We had a great Easter. Hope everyone else did!
The menu I shared in a previous post is what we had and it turned out great. And even though it wasnt the traditional Easter dinner.. there were NO complaints. Of course ... I think anytime homemade soup is made.... everyone is happy! I was a busy little one yesterday.. making my apple pie... a cherry cobbler... getting the white base sauce made for the soup... cooking chicken to cut up.. bacon... potatoes and all the other goodies that went into the soup. Best part.. it was VERY low in sodium. The only thing that held any real amount of sodium was the bacon.. but it was in the WHOLE pot... so the bowl that Michael had... was still very low in sodium and good for him. I dont cook with salt anymore.. havent since Michael was diagnosed with Nephrotic Syndrome. So we just salt our own plates... which oddly enough... has become less and less ... as we have discovered other ways to flavor our food without sodium.
Anyway... I did good... I didnt lose any weight.. but I sure didnt gain any either... so sitting still is fine with me after a Holiday meal. :)
So..................... how was everyone elses Easter?
What did you all have?


God Bless
.::Tam::.



No comments:

Post a Comment