Sunday, February 14, 2010

Sunday Morning Chat

Good morning, a little background about me is: I'm 63 on disability because of my heart its in BAD shape and I have a pacemaker/defib to keep me going. And as you know I'm overweight!
I've tried every diet under the sun and as soon as I eat one good tasting meal I put it all back on. The first of the year I weighted 270 and said thats it.....I've been reading The One Pounders and decided thats what I've needed all along is someone who understands how hard it is. And I thank all of you for your support. This morning the scales announced that I weighed 243.2 WOW all sound pretty good right, well Wed I went for chest x-ray and EKG and blood work, got home and the doctor called and said I had to go to ER right a way, my BUN (blood Urea Nitrogen) was 160 and normal is 7-22, could be my kidneys, went to ER and after 6 hours there they found a room for me. Spent A night of Hell in a cold room with a roommate who sleeps with the TV going, nurses coming in every hour to see if your alive. Got to come home Thur. afternoon and have go in early Monday Morning for blood work and to see the Cardiovascular Doctor, in the mean time I'm to be on low sodium and low Potassium diet. To tell ya the truth I'm scared to death to eat anything not knowing what to really have, so this morning I had special K cereal with 2% milk , 1 slice of toast, with butter! Lunch will be 1/2 cup of cottage cheese, 1 slice of bread with 2 tablespoons of Peanut butter, 8 oz of 2% milk, Yummy.
Now for the things I'm Thankful For:
1. My faith, He listens to me day and night (anytime)
2 My wonderful husband of 23 years who is Awesome
3. My daughter, her husband and my beautiful granddaughter
4. My step-son, wife and 2 wonderful toddlers (who are in Okinawa, with the Navy)
5. My step-son, that lives in Omaha
6. Yarn.......I knit and crochet everyday
7. Favorite niece , her husband, and family (Love Ya Tam)
8. The wonderful doctors I have.
9. My church family
10. And of course I'm very thankful for all of you, ( Mel keep up the good work)
God bless, Joyce



2 comments:

  1. Wow Joyce!! Almost 27 pounds in less than two months?!?!?! That's AWESOME!!! Congratulations!! How many afghans can you make with 27 pounds of yarn??? LOL

    What you're going through medically sounds pretty scary - please keep us posted as you have any news! I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers...

    Thank you for the kudos... :) Big hugs to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So far this year I've made 8 afghans 36 x 48 for toddlers and 8 pair of baby booties and caps and several pair of slippers, oh an afghan for my granddaughters dog! Our church gives me yarn that people buy at garage sales or auctions, but it just fells so nice to send my husband over to Walmart for new Red Heart Yarn!

    ReplyDelete