Monday, March 14, 2011

hey girls!

It's great to hear from you!!  I have been so out of the loop lately - my computer caught a virus and we took it in to get it cleaned, that took a week, then when I got it back it had a whole new operating system on it!  Arrrgh!  So, on top of dealing with everything that's been going on with cleaning out my dearly departed mother's house and keeping track of all things necessary with that, plus the usual day to day chaos that defines my life, I've pretty much lost "me" in all of it!  My scale died a few months ago, so I have absolutely no clue what my weight is right now... it's on my list of things to buy next time I have an extra $20 though, so I should be getting a new one soon.  I've been watching what I put in my mouth, and have to say I don't feel tremendously different, so I don't think I'm getting any bigger.  Lately I've been battling an extremely irritating cough that won't let up.  I think we've diagnosed it as bronchitis, so that's how I'm treating it for now... :)

I have been getting out a bit more often, since my brother moved into my Mom's house that she was going to move into.  He also kept the biggest of Mom's 3 dogs, so now that he's here in town I've been going over and taking the dog for a walk every so often (when I'm home to do it & it needs to be done... LOL)  Last week on Thursday & Friday I walked the dog then walked up to the elementary school & walked the kids home, so that's more movement... I need to cook up some more rice.  I have this kind I really like, it's got all kinds of whole-grain and yummy rice in it, some kind of gourmet blend.  It's a tad pricey, but I figure since I'm the only one that eats it I'm worth it!  LOL  I usually just put a little sesame oil on it with some salt & pepper.  It's really yummy in beans, too.  I've been learning to cook different foods (like beans, I cooked beans for the first time EVER a couple weeks ago!  LOL) so that I can avoid the canned variety (thus trimming down my sodium intake).

Okay, anyhow, I think I've rambled on enough.  Need to get to bed (not that I'll get much rest with this crummy cough) so I can get the kids up & out of here in the morning.  My goal for tomorrow is to locate my desk and bring some semblance of order to my bedroom.  Wish me luck!!!  :)

Sending you all much love, many hugs, and lots of prayers!!!

- Melani

No comments:

Post a Comment