Wednesday, May 26, 2010

new inspiration

I've recently discovered a new blog.  This man is attempting to lose half his body weight - and he's nearly accomplished his goal!  Sometimes the language is a bit crude, but overall reading about his triumph is quite inspiring... he's not giving up, so I'm not either!

I still weigh more than I did when I was at my lowest - but I weigh less than I did yesterday, so I'm moving in the right direction!  I just have to keep on keepin' on, and it will happen - right?

I have never watched the Biggest Loser, but apparently the winner of this season's show also lost more than half his own body weight - what an accomplishment!  I don't believe I should lose half of my body weight, but I'm looking at probably a third or so... Let's see... I weigh almost 260 now, and I want to get down to around 170 or 180 - so that's about an 80 or 90 pound loss.  Heh - I just did the math, and it looks like if I lost one third of my body weight, I'd weigh just about what I think I should!  So there we have it, girls!  That's my goal; to weigh one third less than I do now.  How long do you think it will take me?  I was reading a bit about the contestants on the Biggest Loser - they seemed to lose an average of 5 or 6 pounds a week.  I've never thought that was healthy, but I suppose they were all being carefully monitored so it was fine, I'm sure.  If I were able to lose 5 pounds a week, it would take me 17 weeks or so.  We're getting ready to stare June in the face, if I count out 17 weeks from the beginning of June, it lands right around the end of September.  Hmmm - do you suppose I could be the size I want to be by the end of summer?  Even if I nearly double the amount of time it would take, I should still be able to reach my goal by the end of the year!  Wow - it doesn't seem possible!  I'm gonna go for it!!!

Joycie - you are still in my thoughts and healthful prayers are said on your behalf!  Tammy - is the sickness about done at your house?  I don't want to speak too soon, but we may be on the way to healthy here, and I'm praying the same is going on at your house!

Hugs to you all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment